Our Warriors 2016/2017

Our Warriors 2016/2017
Our Warriors 2016/2017

Thursday 18 April 2013

Dean Ryan's First Official Outing

We are still to hear from our new Director of Rugby through the Wrcester Warriors official website, but tonight we got our first glimpses of the new man in charge, via Sky Sports Rugby Club. 

Those that know me will be fully aware I do not partake in the Rugby Club as I try to avoid situations that involved me throwing things at the TV. Those occurrences are Wendyball, Britains Got Talent and The Rugby Club, but tonight I decided to give the later a go. 

The only reason for this was the appearance of Dean Ryan. To be fair to DR he did a great job. He came across well, which to be honest he usually does, avoided any well placed bananas and didn't promise Worcester fans the world.  He even managed to negotiate a leading question on him "having lost" Matt Kvesic.  Great start!

You cannot doubt the mans rugby knowledge. I have watched a few of his coaching interviews and detailed player analysis clips on YouTube and he is flawless, but he does come across slightly one dimensional. Still, when pushed on all things (bad) about Worcester he did not bite. Even with Wayne Barnes' Dad sat with him he handled or side stepped all Warrior based questions well. 

At one point I thought it was going to get messy when Barnes Snr. refused to congratulate DR on his new role, considering he is such good mates with 'Hilly' (which makes it harder to understand why his son has been so harsh to our team this season) but again this was handled in the way it was meant, with banter. 

Well done Mr. Ryan, your first TV appearance with the caption " Worcester Warriors Director of Rugby" went very well. I look forward to many more in the future. 

Just to clarify though, I still think The Rugby Club is a load of rubbish and will continue my 'self imposed' silent protest. 


No comments:

Post a Comment